Conveniently located right off of I94 between Fergus Falls and Alexandria
At Ashby Living Center, we believe the human spirit is best nourished by fellowship, empathy and growth. We create a safe, supportive, respectful and friendly environment where seniors and our staff share a genuine sense of belonging. Every valued member of our living center enjoys a family-oriented atmosphere where we cherish laughter, compassion, and of course home-style cooking. It’s the best place for seniors to stimulate their minds, bodies and spirits!
Ashby Living Center remains the home from Independent Living to End of Life care. Whether you lead an independent lifestyle or require any amount of assistance to live your best life, our passionate staff is eager to provide with assisted living, memory care and end of life care in a comfortable, dignified setting.
Assisted living and memory care
- Experienced and Caring Staff
- Home Style Environment
- Medication Reminders
- Health and Wellness Monitoring
- Home Cooked Meals and Baking
- Activities, Music and Community Events
- Nail Care
Residents and caregivers create a calendar of activities, outings, and socials including:
- Morning exercise program
- Community outreach
- Board games
- Reading clubs
- Shopping trips
- Bible studies, hymn sings, and sunday fellowship service
- Monthly birthday celebrations
- Pontoon cruises
- Coffee socials
- Trivia and puzzle games
- Garden club
- Sing alongs
- Tournaments-bean bags, bowling, washers
- Spa days-nails and hair
- Bingo socials
Programs are composed of:
- Daily exercise and physical activities based on individual abilities and needs
- Mind, Body, and Spirit activities
- Experiences that enrich individuals
- Connections with the larger community and intergenerational opportunities
- Nurturing; gardening, aquarium, bird feeding,
- All programs are designed to improve and maintain:
- Strength, flexibility, coordination
- Mental acuity
- Emotional and spiritual well-being
Ashby Living Center is nestled between Fergus Falls and Alexandria in Minnesota’s beautiful Lake Country
Ashby Living Center is situated in a peaceful residential neighborhood just a few blocks away from Ashby’s vibrant downtown business district. There our guests and residents enjoy free access to JC’s Grocery, convenience stores, restaurants, medical care, churches, city parks, beauty salons and the local barbershop, thrift stores, and so much more.
- Spacious 1- and 2-bedroom suites with cable TV and individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- All utilities, including electricity, water, sewer, and garbage
- An in-depth initial assessment to determine each resident’s care plan
- Recurring assessments and scheduled care conferences to evaluate each resident’s care plan
- Registered nurse health monitoring
- Medication administration
- Three home-cooked meals served family style
- Nutritious snacks
- All levels of care including through end of life
- Weekly transportation to Fergus Falls and Alexandria
- Well-trained, 24-hour care giving staff provide personal assistance with daily living
- Off street parking
- Emergency call system
- Maintenance assistance
- Weekly housekeeping with changing of bed linen and laundry
- Complimentary washers and dryers
- Activity room
- Commercial kitchen
- Family style dining hall
- Family style great room
Under what license does ALC operate:
Ashby Living Center operates under two licenses The Adult Day Service through Department of Human Services and The Assisted Living License through the Minnesota Department of Health.
How is ALC staffed:
We operate under a RN Director who supervises, trains, and oversees all caregivers. We have additional licensed nurses who provide care, assessments of cares for residents, and coordinate health services for residents. We offer 24-hour onsite care.
Are meals included:
Yes. ALC provides three home cooked meals a day and snacks throughout the day.
What kind of parking is available:
We offer off street parking and have capability for plug-in heater in cold weather.
Is there a chaplain:
We have three local pastors in the community who are available for chaplain services.
What type of celebrations/holidays are held:
We celebrate every day at ALC, but we also have special celebrations including birthdays, holiday family dinners, seasonal community events which include games, music, and of course, food, and a weekly community coffee.
What is a typical day at ALC:
Residents have an open morning to rise, get ready, eat breakfast, and get assistance with medications and ADL’s, depending on individual needs. Our Culinary Director serves breakfast from 7-11:30 AM which is ala carte. Morning activities start with a 10AM Coffee/Snack social followed by a morning activity.
At noon, residents enjoy fellowship and a home cooked meal with appetizer, entrée, dessert, and beverage of choice.
Activities begin again at 2PM with a coffee/snack social followed by afternoon activity.
Supper is at 5:30 PM in the dining room. This is a lighter meal, and the menu is created based on requests from residents. Residents typically organize a card game of choice after supper. Residents retire to their rooms at their leisure and receive ADL’s as needed by the individual.
Learn More About Our Services & Amenities
Please contact Ashby Living Center today to learn more about our services and amenities, as well as to schedule a tour!